Monday, November 18, 2019

Routh Arrays

So, this week, we learned about Routh arrays. It's evidently a theorem about the sign changes of the real part of the roots of a polynomial based on the coefficients. I knew a few of these from my undergrad and graduate math days, but didn't think they were very important. I kind-of knew there would be some interest in the roots of polynomials, but didn't know exactly how it would come into play.

There's a MATLAB function someone evidently wrote to compute Routh arrays https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58-routh-m. It's super-useful. I got my homework done this week in ~30-45 minutes using it, which I think that might have take 4 hours or more computing all the Routh arrays by hand.

I always knew there was more to Brandon Routh than met the eye, and now I found out what it is. I was always very sorry he never got to reprise his role as The Man of Steel, and was very happy to see he was cast in the Arroverse "Crisis on Infinite Earths" story arc. More "Arne Saknussemm" notes on my way to the center of the control engineering universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment